ASP.NET Core 7.0 Hosting Available Now!
Monday, 2nd January, 2023
We now offer ASP.NET Core 7.0 hosting service on all of our hosting plans.
.NET 7 is now released! ASP.NET Core in .NET 7 includes everything you need to build rich modern web UI and powerful back-end services.
Here’s a sampling of the great new features and improvements in ASP.NET Core for .NET 7:
- Servers and runtime
- Rating limiting: Limit the rate of handled requests using flexible endpoint configuration and policies.
- Output caching: Configure caching for responses to more efficiently handle requests.
- Request decompression: Accept requests with compressed content.
- HTTP/3: Built-in support for HTTP/3, the latest HTTP version based on the new QUIC multiplexed transport protocol.
- WebSockets over HTTP/2: Use WebSockets over HTTP/2 connections.
- WebTransport (experimental): Create streams and data grams over HTTP/3 with experimental support for WebTransport.
- Minimal APIs
- Endpoint filters: Use endpoint filters to run cross-cutting code before or after a route handler.
- Typed results: Return strongly typed results from minimal APIs.
- Route groups: Organize groups of endpoints with a common prefix
- JSON transcoding: Expand the reach of your gRPC services by also exposing them as JSON-based APIs
- OpenAPI with JSON transcoding (experimenal): Use experimental support for generating OpenAPI specs for your gRPC JSON transcoded services.
- gRPC health checks: Report and check the health of gRPC server apps.
- gRPC client AddCallCredentials: Create clients that send authorized requests using bearer tokens.
- Client results: Return client results to the server in response to requests from the server.
- Nullable view and page models: Nullable page and view models are now supported to improve the experience when using null state checking.
- Handle location changing events: Intercept location changing events to create custom user experiences when navigating.
- Bind after/get/set modifiers: Run async logic after data binding and independently control how data binding gets and sets the data.
- Dynamic authentication requests: Create dynamic authentication requests at runtime with custom parameters to handle advanced authentication scenarios in Blazor WebAssembly apps.
- WebAssembly SIMD & exception handling: Improve performance with .NET WebAssembly ahead-of-time (AOT) compilation using WebAssembly SIMD and exception handling support.